Title: Equity Research Analyst – Industrials and Materials Sectors
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: to 180,000 CHF plus Bonus schemes
FINCO Search is working with a partner-owned research and investment firm based in Zurich, Switzerland. Established in 2013 the firm has grown in size and geography employing over 30 people now with offices also in New York (USA), Vaduz (Liechtenstein) and Dublin (Ireland). Utilising data science and human expertise they are dedicated to identifying high-quality mid cap stocks that will deliver a significant return as part of a long-term, global investment strategy. They are looking to hire an Equity Research Analyst to take responsibility for identifying suitable investment opportunities in the Industrials and Materials sectors on a Global basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
What sets them apart from others is their collective decision making, the level of insight and transparency they offer to their clients, as well as the use of technology to enhance all aspects of their business.
- Bottom-up equity research based on an established research process.
- Field trips to visit potential investment targets.
- Writing of detailed investment case reports to document the reasoning behind an investment.
- Building and maintaining spreadsheets with financial models of the respective target companies.
- Participation in the investment decision process for existing fund investment and/or retail client advisement.
- A deep understanding of global industrial trends and a general affinity to engineering-related topics.
- 5 years’+ experience in fundamental equity analysis with focus on companies in the industrials and materials sectors.
- Familiarity with equity markets, company valuations and stock performance drivers.
- Ability to write detailed reports in English.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with financial information systems such as Bloomberg or CapitalIQ is a plus but not a necessity.
The successful candidate should have a higher education (at least Bachelor’s degree). The ideal candidate has professional experience either on the sell-side, or with a major equity-focused asset manager.
For more information on this opportunity or to enquire as to other mandates then please contact Jonathan Margrave:
Tel: +44 (0)203 927 5082
We work with our licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH on all Swiss placements and all candidate applications/data is handled in accordance with Swiss law