Job Title: In-House Legal Counsel – Family Office
Location: Central London
Job Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £175,000 to £200,000 plus package
FINCO Search is confidentially retained by a significantly funded Single Family Office (SFO) with Times Rich List tech entrepreneurs as UBOs with significant investments across multiple asset classes out of their offices in Central London to support their continued growth.
As a result of the ongoing restructure from an outsourced model to an in-house one the SFO is expanding its team size and growing in AUM. This change necessitates the hiring of a Legal Counsel with a diverse experience across Investments, Structure & Estate Planning, Corporate and Tax to manage the legal risk and understand the pressure points, strategy and objectives of the business to engender effective decision making.
The role requires in-house experience in single or multi-family offices, asset managers/investment management firms or investment teams of large corporations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse and advise on the legal ramifications of investments and investments structures.
- Review transactional documentation including limited partner agreements, subscription documents, side letters and related investment materials.
- Draft and review various contracts and agreements, including consents, nondisclosure agreements and other business-related documentation.
- Maintain and periodically review wealth management and personal projects structures.
- Lead minor and major restructuring processes (if needed).
- Assist with governing entity documents and policies and procedures.
- Assist with regulatory filings and applicable compliance checks.
- Monitor the external regulatory environment to identify trends and risks, and advise on applicable laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Engage, collaborate with, manage, and lead internal and external tax and legal professionals on complex tasks/projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years working in-house, including 3+ years working in investment or corporate development legal team
- Experience providing diversified legal services (investments, corporate, regulatory, tax, IP)
- Knowledge of English law.
- Knowledge of Delaware / California / other US law is a plus.
- Knowledge of private equity and venture capital industry specifics is a plus.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, spot issues and develop appropriate and timely solutions.
- Ability to deal with risk management, governance, and compliance.
- Ability to manage a sizeable workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication skills, with ability to provide clear, concise analysis and recommendations on complex issues.
For more information on this position please contact in confidence the Search Partners Jonathan Margrave or Mark Taylor on +44 203 927 5082 or submit your details via the apply button below.