Job Title: Investment Director – Family Office
Location: Central London
Job Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £175,000 to £225,000 plus package
FINCO Search is confidentially retained by a significantly funded Single Family Office (SFO) with Times Rich List tech entrepreneurs as UBOs with significant investments across multiple asset classes out of their offices in Central London to support their continued growth.
As a result of the ongoing restructure from an outsourced model to an in-house one the SFO is expanding its team size and growing in AUM. This change necessitates the hiring of an additional Investment Director with a proven track record in investments across traditional and alternative asset classes together with strong network and direct investment experience.
The position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a lean professional team managing a substantial portfolio across both Private and Public markets globally, including PE/VC fund investments, hedge funds, public equity, fixed income and direct investments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Developing strategic investment and non-investment relationships for the Family Office and the Principals.
· Participating in investment strategy formulation across asset classes.
· Sourcing, evaluation and execution of fund investment, direct investment, co-investment transactions in line with the strategy.
· Leading comprehensive due diligence processes.
· Preparing/reviewing investment memoranda and investment recommendations.
· Monitoring and optimising existing portfolio of investments: analysing historical investment performance, portfolio company/manager/fund performance, financial statements, financial models.
· Following and analysing macro and industry research.
Qualifications and Experience
· Ideally you will have more than 10 years of experience on the buy side (including but not limited to Family Offices and Asset Management firms ($1bn+ AuM).
· Minimum 7 years of hands-on investment experience in a senior role focused on sourcing, evaluating and monitoring of private and public markets investments.
· Solid experience in investment management of multi-asset portfolio(s), including portfolio construction and monitoring. Deep understanding of the macro environment.
· Excellent organisational skills, including managing projects, tasks and initiatives tightly, and being forensic on governance and processes.
· Strong results focus, ability to work efficiently and grasp various strategic and operational matters yet seek guidance from the UBOs/team where necessary.
· Superior analytical skills, systematic and critical thinking.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to relay complex ideas in a plain and clear manner.
· Strong network with demonstrated ability to interact on a C-level with companies, funds and other partners.
· Willingness to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.