Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: to £60K plus bonus
Location: Greater London/Kent
FINCO Search is working with an entrepreneurial Proprietary Trading Company with a clear growth plan over the next 5 years. They are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor to assist in developing and delivering the internal audit service along side the Head of Internal Audit in order to continuously improve their governance arrangements, risk management and internal control processes. These audits will mostly be at head office although there will be opportunities to also travel and perform audits at our regional offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the risk based internal audit plan;
- Conduct research and draft and agree terms of reference for internal audit reviews with management;
- Document processes and controls, evaluate and test effectiveness of controls;
- Review and discuss initial findings and recommendations with management;
- Draft and agree internal audit reports with management;
- Conduct follow up audits and produce monthly status reports based on management’s updates on their actions;
- Perform ad-hoc reviews, investigations or provide controls consultancy;
- Assist in production of regular internal audit progress reports;
- Deputising for head of internal audit;
- Maintenance and develop knowledge of regulatory requirements, laws, best practices and auditing and accounting developments relevant to their business sector.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Part Qualified / Qualified accountant (CCAB) or internal auditor (CMIIA);
- Applies professional standards and adheres to principles in the code of ethics;
- Possesses internal audit experience.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of IIA professional standards for internal auditing;
- Capacity to work autonomously and own initiative;
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively to meet audit delivery deadlines;
- Applies a pragmatic approach when developing recommendations;
- Possesses excellent communication and collaborative skills, engaging with different teams and staff at all levels;
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical skills;
- Self-starter with positive attitude and personal accountability;
Willing to undertake up to 15% international travel performing audits at their regional offices (subject to restrictions due to Covid19).
Please contact: Jonathan Margrave
Tel: +44 (0) 203 927 5082