Title: Fixed Income Sales Traders (Team Move)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: to £150K plus bonus/commission
Location: London or Frankfurt
FINCO Search is working with a leading international brokerage in success-based growth mode looking to hire Sales Traders in Fixed Income with a book of institutional clients that could be better serviced with a diversified and financially backed Fortune 500 brokerage.
With a mature structure in the US already established they are looking to accelerate distribution and growth throughout the EMEA region and South Asia through integrating team acquisitions in London and/or Frankfurt with an existing company acquisition from last year with a high margin product suite.
- Work with a leading global brokerage with a growing international presence across a variety of asset classes.
- Long standing staff and management, an environment that encourages longevity, growth and reward.
- A globally diverse business with a history of investment in new product lines.
- Market leading management team, working with some of the top names in the securities space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Improve distribution and generate revenue in excess of $1M per year
- Accept, execute and process all deals across all regions and respond to queries and problems in a timely fashion
- Regular engagement and sales coverage to Buy Side Institutional Clients and Family Offices
- Generating revenue through OTC trades in secondary market products such as Loans, Sub Saharan Africa Bonds, Distressed Debt and Credit and Special Situations.
- Monitoring execution is in line with the best execution policy at all times
- Assisting with on-going IT developments on the desk to bring added value to the team and bring efficiencies to the trading process
- Provide investment teams with market commentary, daily feedback where necessary and advice on traded/open positions
- Work with clients to generate liquidity in OTC products
- Build and maintain relationships, and communicate relevant and insightful market information to the relevant investment teams
- Managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Develop and maintain strong external network to facilitate best execution and market intelligence.
- Daily processing of internal fund dealing
- Assist other traders as necessary
- Act as intermediary with market pricing and analysis providers
- Support compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements
- 3 to 5 years’ mnimum experience in Fixed Income Sales Trading with Institutional Buy Side Clients
- Have an existing book of relationships with buy and sell side institutions
- Application and understanding of the Order Management and Execution Management system
- Confident, Articulate, Proactive, Team oriented
- Strong understanding of financial (credit) markets as well as market mechanics and the trading process through to settlement
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills
- Highly effective IT competencies
- Awareness of regulatory developments in financial markets
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Ideally have Trading experience at a buy-side institution with an understanding of TCA
- Available to work trading hours to reflect the Asia and US markets where appropriate
In addition to the above if you have a book of execution/clearing business in the institutional space, and work in a small team that is open to a new opportunity to draw on more services/revenue lines, then we can have a confidential discussion about this opportunity and whether it may fit/offer a mutual benefit for your business.
We understand the sensitivity required around team moves and all communication is confidential.
Please contact Jonathan Margrave or Mark Taylor in confidence:
Tel: +44 203 9275082